WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Nov 19, 2008

Celebrating Christmas as a Single Parent

I know if this is your first Christmas as a single parent, it’s not easy. I get it. Even if this is your second or third, it’s still not easy. But as single parents, we have to pull ourselves together, especially for the sake of the children and make the holidays bright. Some of my favorite holiday music references, love, relationships, and “All I want for Christmas is YOU.” It can be very tempting to let all this “love” of the season bring you to a point… where you are less than blissful. But I have put together a list of a few things that may help you make a beautiful holiday season.

Be Santa

Wrap presents.

Keep old traditions.

Sing Christmas songs.

Play Christmas music.

Create new traditions.

Make cookies and candy.

Make special ornaments with the kids.

Decorate the house and the tree and put up the stockings.

Adopt an angel and have your kids pick out presents for him/her.

Buy the Santa gifts and if necessary ask a friend to help put them together.

Have a special Christmas party in your home and let the kids help prepare for it.

Make it joyous. Put your disappointments aside and focus on the blessings in your life.

It’s your turn

Can you think of other helpful hints?  Please share them.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Great ideas Kat!! Nothing does better than making Christmas special with family!

Ian Newbold said...

Do your own thang I say.

I've spent the last two keeping others happy, and this year I'm doing precisely what I want to do, and what I think is best for my son. It does mean I'll be roasting the bird, but it is not like I'm going to get a lie in anyway!

Anonymous said...

Great advice. This will be our first and I am just thankful the girls will be with me for the morning.

It seems this year I am even more super excited. Somehow I guess I know there will be no disappointments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails