WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Feb 24, 2009

Three Girls Go In a Restaurant on Valentine's Day.....

V-Day Weekend Quick Recap

During that weekend, we had so much fun.  I cannot tell you how hard I laughed.  It was to the point of tears and one time I honestly thought I was going to pass out from laughing.  (Yes, and make sure you read that right, I said "pass out" not something else.)

We ate at a fine Italian restaurant on Valentine's night.  I guess it's funny now,  but the place was full of couples while us three girls stood in the foyer waiting for a table for more-than-two people to come available.  I think the wait was well over an hour.  The hostess kindly let us know (where everyone could hear her) after thirty minutes that they had reset the restaurant with mostly tables for two for the night, to explain our long wait.  (But the food was so worth it Vicki!) Oh the joys of being single on Valentine's Day! 

While staying with her, she treated us like queens, she truly did.  The best hostess you will ever find.  Thanks again Vicki, for the superb weekend for us girls!

A few choice photos from the trip.

breakfast at vicki 2

Both mornings her breakfasts prepared for us were like works of art!

play trip031

Sweet Vicki

Current Reading

On the way back home from our V-Day Weekend trip to Vicki's house in South Carolina, Kris and I started listening to the audio book, UnChristian.  It reiterates what I have felt during recent years, that as Christians, we sometimes box ourselves in and create our own little bubble that at times cannot be penetrated by the outside world or pre-Christians, as I like to call them.   This is something I personally have tried to change in my life as I open my mind and my heart to others around me.  I am currently placing the book in it's entirety on my iPod and will continue to listen so I can finish the book soon.  Later I will be able to give you a better feel for the content and review of the book. 

Oh and by the way....

play trip024

We made it back to Virginia!

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails