WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Mar 18, 2009

He's the One

The ONE?

Here is my recollection of a scene that played out Monday night as Mr. M. and I picked up Kass from her girl scouts meeting.

Kass says ..."Mom, 'S' was crying when I got to Girl Scouts tonight.  Guess why, mom, guess." 

"I don't know, Kass.  Why was she crying?" 

"I wanted you to guess.  But 'N' broke up with her." 

"He did?"

"Yes, they had an argument.  She called him to tell him she was sorry for something she said and he told her he couldn't deal with it anymore.  He wanted to break up." 

"Well I am sure she was upset."

"Yes she was very upset.  See, she thought he was 'the one.'"

Ok, this is where I looked over to . and halfway smiled and got this puzzled look on my face.  "The one!"  You see, 'S' that Kass was referring to is... 10 years old!  So my response to Kass at this point of the story was...

"The one?  What do you mean 'the one?'"

"You know, the one.  She thought he was the one for her now that would last for a long while."

"Oh, ok. Well I don't think you need to worry about boyfriends right now or anytime soon," as I thought to myself... yeah like until you are 30!

Because what was I supposed to say?

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  http://blog.peoplenewspapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/girl-crying_l.jpg

1 comment:

said...

Wow! Ugh! Already at age 10?!?!? I'm merely 3 years away...

Great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails