WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Aug 20, 2009

Oh Savannah, Part 2

I stood alone for a few minutes waiting for one of the girls to let me in the door where they were making their last bathroom run before we got on the road.  As I looked up at the sky, the sun was barely coming up over the horizon.  I stopped and said a prayer for protection, for travel mercies before headed off to cover 450 plus miles to Savannah.  I couldn’t help but be a little nervous (I hadn’t actually driven that far myself before) and I let God know I was depending on Him – and driving on faith that He would help us and keep the caravan safe.

After driving for a few hours the girls were sleeping in the back and I could feel my eye lids getting heavy.  I started turning up the radio and turn the vents of air right toward my face to wake up. 

savannah  fam-reun447-g

But I quickly came to my senses when the first vehicle in our caravan braked suddenly in front of me and quickly we both came to a crawl.  I looked in the rearview mirror to make sure the van behind me was able to react as quickly as we did.  Thankfully they did.

It was a close call but it let me know – God was watching out for us.  One car ahead of the leader of our group blew out a tire right in front of us and swerved – but that driver managed to maintain control as she pulled off the road in one direction while the tire rolled in another.  The chain reaction could have been bad – but we were all safe along with the other driver.  Even though we slowed quickly on the interstate, we managed to react and traffic behind us at the time was back far enough that we didn’t end up with a truck or something crashing into us.  So we were grateful… a little shook up, but grateful.

Arriving in Savannah…. to be continued.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  I took this photo while driving down the interstate toward Savannah. I know, I know – but I was careful :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails