WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jul 31, 2010

My new favorite

butterfly in the garden 2010-07-24 012

I took about a dozen photographs of this gorgeous butterfly last weekend.  I had a hard time choosing a favorite.  There were a few great shots IMHO.  But this one is my current fave.

Later this week when I was reading a book I am currently using for personal devotions, I read this passage and it made me think of this beauty as well as reflect for a few moments:

If we look closely at the workings of creation, we find that God nearly always works through process.  Think of it.  First there is a seed, then a sprout, then a blossom, and finally fruit.  God does not begin with a butterfly, but with a larva that becomes a chrysalis and finally a creature with wings.  Neither does God speak a star into existence, but sends dust floating into space, then interstellar gas that slowly heats up, and eons later a star is formed.  Perhaps most mysterious of all is the unfolding process of ovum, fetus, baby, child, adolescent, adult.  The universe is designed to move stage by stage, from incompletion to completion.  Now why should we suppose that God has designed the heart any differently than the rest of creation?… (pp. 69-70, Firstlight, The Early Inspirational Writings of Sue Monk Kidd)

The heart goes through stages just like the butterfly.  It is a process, it takes time.  I’m currently trying to be more aware of the stage of my heart.

Where is your heart? What stage or level in the process of becoming… more compassionate, more aware, more tender?

Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  Katherine Shinault, SOLO dot MOM (http://kitkat4real.blogspot.com)
Related Posts with Thumbnails