WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Aug 29, 2007

Summer Vacation 2007




Summer Vacation at the beach was a blast!

Things had changed in my life "drastically" just before we were scheduled to go to the beach... so I really needed the time to get away. I hadn't read much of my "book club's" book of the summer and was going to try to read some while away... but we stayed too busy on the beach enjoying the waves, the sand, the sun and later in the evenings - eating out and then enjoying the pool. So even though I only got through a few pages of the book (Anna Karininna) I did have some great "R & R" and was ready to face the real world again upon my return. I just love the beach - I can't help it - just the sound of the ocean waves hitting the shore are worth it all to me. The kids stayed in the water - played and played and played some more... Jason stayed way out in the ocean where the surfers were most of the time.

The kids truly had a great time and my sister's family also seemed to love it. I told her next year - destination Disney World should be our agenda... we will wait and see... I guess.

We enjoyed Wilmington, the wonderful hotel - Jameson Inn, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach and Kerr Beach with the aquarium at Fort "something." Here we laughed and took more pictures and yes had a blast. OK I can use this word - it was "awesome." And I needed some "awesome" in my life at that point in time. Disappointment, heart-ache and agony on me had had its toll over the last few months and I was happy ... or at least on the road to being happy.... again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kat - I'm glad you had a great time on your vacation -- glad you are coming back feeling better. Maybe that's what I need is a vacation!

Trish

Related Posts with Thumbnails