WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jan 3, 2008

Top TEN Continued - the Biggest Little Things of '07


Well with the previous entry, it made me think... that sounds a little sad and down about 2007. And those were all big moments... but I wanted to reflect on some "little" moments as well. The TOP TEN BIGGEST LITTLE THINGS of 2007:

Starting at #10.... making my way to the number 1 "biggest little thing" in my life in 2007:

10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (great book) (Thanks for having us read it, Luciana!)
9. Real Simple Magazine Subscription - (Thanks Kristina!)
8. witnessing the birth of our new puppy, Jovi (Thanks Veronica!)
7. new lights installed in my bathroom and new cabinet and mirror (Thanks Jose'!)
6. my new-to-me Infiniti (Thanks, Matt for giving me such a great deal!)
5. the roses of Biltmore... made me think of mom (Thanks for going with me Brooks!)
4. Kassity's flower pen craft... she had so much fun making these and giving them away at Christmas!
3. Brian Regan's comedy act - bonding my son and I with a special laughing session (more than once)
2. the eulogy paragraph I wrote for Gramma's funeral program

and the number one "biggest little thing' in my world in 2007 was...
1. Mary's Poem for mom's funeral "My Roses"


My Roses
By Mary

“My roses” she called us,
All of us kids.
And she was happy
Just to see us bloom and grow.
She would rush for the water
Or whatever we needed.
She would tend us, her garden
That she had seeded.
And most of all -
To all of us roses -
She gave us her love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool! Sounds like 2007 was full of sadness but joy for you!

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I could help contribute a little happiness. Thanks for the hours of long phone call you endured for me. I should come up with a similiar list too.

Look at Jer 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I am glad you have been brought into my life. You are truly an inspiration. I admire your strength and courage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails