WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Dec 31, 2008

2009's List

Well I did it.  I came up with my list for 2009.  Now it's a little long but I have the whole year to accomplish these things.

82174307

2009's List

    1. Have 1 family dinner at my house every other month.
    2. Make at least 2 new friends.  (Real life friends that are a part of my world.  So virtual friends won't count on this one.)
    3. Read 3 books outside the monthly bookclub assignments.
    4. Plant flowers in the spring.
    5. Start writing that book.
    6. Paint the kitchen cabinets and walls.
    7. Install new shower/tub combo.
    8. Pay an extra $50 on the principle of my mortgage each month.
    9. Hug my kiddos everyday!
    10. Play board games once a week.
    11. Gain ten pounds. (Ok if you know me in real life - you know this is a legitimate goal for me!)
    12. Eliminate another disposable product from our consumption.  (Last year I stopped buying water bottles and become consistent with using the Brita Pitcher for purified water.)  I need to find something else to stop buying and stop filling up the landfills.
    13. Start now trying to win a laptop since I told Jas I would get him one when he started high school, which is... this fall!
    14. Only visit Walmart when absolutely necessary.  (Why do I hate Walmart?)
    15. Get a tan (For Luc and any other concerned reader:  I will do this in a safe, cautious, slow and gradual method. I promise!)
    16. Become disciplined in practicing low impact exercise two - three times a week, like yoga.

Wow I have a lot to do in 2009.  It will take all year to complete the list.  Now I am excited and need to get started.  Where do I begin?  Well first I have to add my 16 things to my "list website" www.43things.com.  So I can check them off, of course, and keep track of completing them. 

Oh yes, Brooks, beware the house projects above - I will be calling on you!  (Except the shower/tub combo install; I plan to have that one done professionally.)

Ok and my Christmas gift to me was to purchase a one-year membership to the tanning salon in January.  I love a tan and I promise to be careful.  It takes a month for you to even notice a difference in my skin tone!

What's on your list for 2009?

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  GettyImages.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate Walmart too. The place drives me nuts and I get close to have a panic attack almost every time I'm in one!

BTW, I'll be in L'burg this coming week. Has Heather said anything about me coming over and meeting y'all for lunch? I haven't heard back from her yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails