WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Dec 1, 2008

Special Birthdays and Dirty Windows

Happy Birthday Kass!

Today is Kass' birthday.  We won't celebrate until Friday but this is still the special day.  She's ten.  It is so hard for me to believe she is getting to the pre-teen years

This means it's been a whole decade since I was sitting in the delivery room, having been induced and ready to push, when I heard all those voices.  I remember I looked over to the big window where the drapes were open and there they were:  It was an entire scaffold of window washers!  I guess they wanted to welcome Kass into the world as well.window washers

Yes, to this day, I use this as my "most embarrassing moment" story.  Guess those guys got their "eyes full" that day on the job.  But one thing is for sure, I always laugh when I recall the glorious day my daughter came into my life.  I already knew she was going to be a special baby, just didn't realize that meant she required an audience at her birth.

Kass, my baby girl, Happy Birthday!!

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Photo Credit: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/107/299802008_a5fb2c9029.jpg and http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/2375439389_47c4e2a754.jpg?v=0

1 comment:

dadshouse said...

Your window washer story is great. What a memory! For you and for them :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails