WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Feb 13, 2009

Is This Me or a Better Version?

BBx001 90.tif

Well in the very beginning of a new friendship/relationship, I don't like to get caught up too quickly.  Remember McDreamy?   This one has begun in a small whirlwind but in an organized and controlled environment kind of way.  Plus I can't say I have tried to stop it.  , as I recommended in December to others getting emotionally attached too quickly.  And I have already said the words:  "We are taking this slow," to which he has agreed.  But I took some clips out of a recent email from and wanted to share them with my readers.  Let me know what you think.

Words from Mr. M:

You have left me speechless.....my heart no longer feels like it will beat through my chest... finally. :) 

Wow, I really can't form much of anything that might sound like a meaningful sentence...

I want you to know, the first time I met you in Starbucks I thought, I want to kiss this girl: that was my very first impression. We then started talking and it was like every fiber of my being was wrapped up in our conversations, it's still like that when we talk deep and serious..... 

I'm trying to figure so many things out about myself since I've met you, I guess that's not accurate, probably more accurate would be to say I am remembering so many things about myself.  I thought that I felt like a stranger to myself. But it really seems like meeting someone you have known very well but haven't seen them in a very long time. I can't remember feeling so comfortable with myself, rather than being filled with insecurity.  I'm trying to understand: is this me or an even better version?….

Heartfelt Sentiments

Well I was left with "wow" after reading this. And many of his emails are this deep and heartfelt.  We are fascinated with our connection on a communication level.  We understand each other and it has been the foundation from which this began.  In other words, he is attractive and he finds me such as well; but our attraction from the start was our ability to communicate and relate to each other.

He is a single dad and he is still working through this new chapter in his life.  As you can see in his email he is still finding himself as he walks through this journey. 

Advice Request

Any advice you can offer to him would be welcomed.  Mr. M knows I was going to share some of this on my blog.  I hope you will reach out with a comment or two below.

What have you done to find yourself again (the better version) after a bad relationship ended?

Find yourself... keeping it real.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My first thought was "Wow" as well. Wow. I am the type of person to trust my gut reaction to a person, so what is your gut telling you? Is he being sincere? Is he in a needy place in his life? Those are just the initial thoughts I have.

I always want to believe the best about a person. That's good and bad. It's easy to not see the real picture, but I don't like being cynical. It's just not in my nature.

Anonymous said...

I took my time to rediscover who I was BEFORE the X......

I love how he pours his heart out to you.....sounds like a bit of a romantic, and I'm a sucker for a romantic.

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

THe boy and I have read this and decided that you and Mr. M are just as gross as we are... ;)

The boy says there must be something in the water...

So he's met Kas... and things are going well... when are we (a) going to get together for lunch and (b) double date? hee hee

Related Posts with Thumbnails