WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

May 12, 2009

I Like Jon and Kate

 CNSPhoto-PLUS8

On Thursday night, the star of Jon and Kate Plus 8 told CNN's Larry King: "You have to understand, we are a couple, we are a family who didn't set out to live, you know, the celebrity lifestyle," she said. "We are living our lives like a normal family. Cameras come in and film us. And that, to the world — to the public — makes us celebrities.

"I do not like that word. I am not a celebrity . . . I am a mom and a wife. And I feel that Jon is having difficult times realizing that, you know, you can't go to the grocery store without people whipping out their cellphones, calling everyone they know and taking pictures of you. He is dealing very poorly with it."

This above was a quote I pulled from www.canada.com/Entertainment and their story on Jon and Kate Plus 8 regarding the current alleged suspicion of an affair by Jon.

First of all let me say, I love the show; always have, and will continue to watch this season beginning May 25.  I like the wholesome value Jon and Kate bring along with entertainment into my living room on Monday nights.  I hate that the suspicions are going crazy in the media... but like Kate has expressed in recent interviews, I too hesitate to believe he is cheating on her.  Further, that is what I want to believe, and hope and pray they can work through this and that he can improve his poor management of his life being public as a result of their newfound success with the show, which has made them celebrities of sort.

I am no celebrity, but I do relate to Kate on a minor scale when it comes to her passion for organization in her home, and her approach to loving those kids with every fiber of her being.  She can get a little over the top at times, intense in the moment; but don't we all have our moments?  Are you more of a June Cleaver or a Kate Gosselin?

There are varying opinions out there.  Would you like to share yours... Feel free to comment and leave your thoughts below on the recent "soap opera" Kate has found herself involved in....

Should she continue in the limelight providing interviews following all these accusations about her husband? 

Is the media being fair in how they are presenting the information?

Is this just to bring them more ratings and attention because of her recently released book, Eight Little Faces?

What does the popularity of Kate and her temperament as a mom say about today's moms?

Find yourself...keeping it real.

Photo Credit: A file photo of the members of the Gosselin family of the TLC/Discovery Health show, Jon and Kate plus 8: (top row) Kate, Leah, Joel and Jon Gosselin. (bottom row) Hannah, Cara, Aaden, Alexis, Collin and Mady Gosselin.  Photograph by: Karen Alquist/TLC

1 comment:

NYC Single Mom said...

Check out my recent experience from her book signing. So disappointed.
www.newyorksinglemom.com
http://tinyurl.com/r7b6ja

Related Posts with Thumbnails