WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jul 19, 2009

With Six You Get Eggroll

With Six You Get Eggroll

with six eggroll movie Remember this old movie?  Well I feel sometimes... Mr. M. and I are acting it out.  We feel a little "drama" when everybody gets together especially when we went on vacation and we were around each other for a whole week.  Trying to get SIX to agree on what we were going to do or what we were going to have for dinner can turn out to be quite the saga, let me tell you.

But you know, looking back and reminiscing about the week, we had a great time and seriously, it went well.  The kids sincerely get along great considering their ages do gap a few years....I have been impressed.  We have our moments, but who doesn't really in the grand scheme of things.

Trying to bring two families together with children involved is complicated, no matter how you slice it.  Just look at Doris Day and Brian Keith in that old comedy.  Putting all those personalities into one place can only lead to occasional chaos and insanity.  And we do feel it at times.

Considering all these expectations, the trip turned out to be a success.  Everyone had a great time (at least I think they did, unless they are really pulling one over on me) and they've been sharing their own stories about the time we spent together.  We might have had different fav spots; and many times didn't exactly get everybody to agree on "What's for dinner"; but then again, we have that issue even with just three in the house at times.  (Truth be told, Mr. M. and I don't always agree on what to eat when it's just us!)

So what's your opinion of merging families? 

Do you have any advice for two single parents, dating and hanging out with "all the kids?" 

So far so good for us... but I would love some advice from those who have been here, done that, and now have the T-shirt.

P.S. to all my readers:

Don't forget to check out the CONTEST I posted.  Take a minute to read about it and send me your entry.  I can't wait to see your tips... and you might just be the one to win that Wii gaming console and Wii Fit!

P.P.S.

Oh and if you have a minute, take a look at my photo gallery for a few more photos from the vacation... with the whole gang.

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails