WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Sep 24, 2009

Blessings, Glimpses and Guardrails

Take time out today to remember the blessings in your life.

My Blessings

I am blessed.  I don’t want to forget just how blessed I am.

Thank you Jesus for two wonderful kiddos.  Thank you for Mr. M. and his boys being a big part of my life.  Thank you for my job, my health, my home, and close friends.  I never want to stop feeling grateful for the things I have in my life, the blessings.

Monday, Kass came home from school with the news that last year she got a perfect score of 600 on her Math SOL.  I am very proud of her.  She was excited and rightfully so.  She said, “Mom are you going to put that on your blog?”  You bet!

Jas is doing great so far with and he is keeping up with massive homework assignments that are a part of the challenge of this program.  Proud of him too.  He’s managing to juggle high school, governor’s school, homework, a recently reinstated GF and friends. We have our moments… it’s not perfect – but he’s a teenager, remember.  So I try not to sweat the small stuff but instead celebrate the little and big successes along the way.

Thanks for letting me brag on the kiddos today.  We are all well…no … yet. 

Book Review

I have a book review on the horizon I want to share with you guys.  It’s all about finding yourself and becoming that whole person you were meant to be especially when you find yourself alone after a divorce.  Good stuff; and I plan to share it with you soon.  In addition I have finally started on my own book.

Married Couples

Plus I have been asked to put together a list of things I would share with young married couples still within the first five years of their marriage…. that I wish I had been told.  So that is in the works and I plan to put it here on the blog as well.

Just a little glimpse of things to come.

Comment

Hope you enjoy .  Be sure and comment anytime you stop by… and let me know what you think.

100_3465

Oh, and a little test… What is the irony of this photo?  I couldn’t help but stop and take a picture of this ‘ahem’ guardrail the other day.

And don’t forget to stop by and comment on the contest for the free 18X24” Poster Print!  Press the link here to jump over and then leave a comment.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

1 comment:

Flory said...

Sometimes I think there should be a support group for parents with teens. I know what you mean though about not sweating the small stuff.

Looking forward to your book and writings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails