WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Mar 30, 2010

Embarking on a New Decade

This month I hit a new decade.  The month is almost over and even though it was “” I didn’t actually blog about my birthday yet.  I won’t tell you which decade I have embarked on… but it’s one of them.

Getting older makes you think, makes you evaluate your life… blah blah blah.  But I did appreciate this quote about aging:

"We did not change as we grew older; we just became more
clearly ourselves."-- Lynn Hall

So while I am working on becoming more clearly myself with this “decade”…  here are a few things that were touching and memorable about my b-day this year:

  • My aunt who always highlights the “big” birthdays shared these thoughts with me:

I can only say that *##'s were some of the best years of my life.   Imagine, while you are in your(insert decade here)s your children will graduate school, go to college.  What a life change that will be.  Who knows what the next decade holds for you.   Enjoy!  Life moves quickly and so will you, so much will change and the chapters of your life will fly by and at some point you will start a new book.   So hold on to your hat and enjoy everything as much as you can.     Enjoy your life and what you have learned in these (##) years to make you a much stronger woman.

Needless to say, she made me cry.  (Her reference to my age is replaced in the quote above.  You didn’t think I was going to tell you did you? Yeah right; and if you are on my facebook- you already know anyway!)

  • And then there was my fave birthday card from a great friend:

favb-day.crd

favb-day.crd_ins

  • I also want to thank my best friend, TB, for taking me on – for my birthday.
  • And last but definitely not least I want to thank . for the beautiful set of earrings, necklace and matching bracelet he made especially for my birthday.  They are gorgeous. 

What do you think about birthdays?  Do you embrace getting older and becoming more clearly yourself?

I am learning to embrace a new decade, but still fighting the idea of ever “looking” my age.  Nah – go ahead and card me at a Rated R movie, I don’t mind. (During my previous decade that actually happened!)

Find yourself… keeping it real… in a new decade.

Related Posts with Thumbnails