WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Apr 2, 2010

And…About Easter

It’s Easter weekend.  Good Friday (Dark Friday) is today and I am off from work in honor of the holiday. 

What does this weekend mean to you?

Easter is a special time and fun for the children, hiding eggs, coloring them, going through baskets of goodies, and getting new outfits.  I might even wear a new sweater on Sunday. You know how that old tradition goes.  It used to be ladies wore their new hat, a new dress, and short white gloves on Easter.  Gone are those days.  Now as a single mom, I do well to get the kiddos a few clothes for spring, and me a new top and skirt.  Even though the budget is tight for clothes, I do try to stay up with the latest fashions for all of us, somewhat.  I do believe we should be presentable, and dressed for occasions.  I am not a slob nor do let the kiddos neglect their wardrobe (for the most part).  If you see my son, you may say he is the exception.  But there is more to Easter than ladies fashion, children getting new outfits and coloring eggs.

Good Friday was the day Christ died on the cross, a huge event in reflection of my personal faith.  He did blogEaster.bloomtreethat for us, for our sins, that we might take the opportunity to believe in His sacrifice while we are living and go to heaven when we die. But the day of celebration of my faith is Sunday, when we reflect upon His resurrection from the dead, leaving the tomb behind and walking with the disciples one more time before going up to Heaven, “to prepare a place…” for us.

I don’t talk a great deal about my faith on my blog.  You see it here and there in glimpses throughout my experiences.  But I did want to encourage everyone to take a moment to reflect, for themselves, what Easter truly means to you and your family .  You can make a decision this weekend, right now for that matter, to allow Him to make a difference in your life.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)

Is Easter special in your family?

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails