WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jun 23, 2010

Making Dot Mom’s life a little easier

Girl Scout moms and leaders, listen to this tip.

Back when Kass was just a brownie one of the most dreaded tasks as a scout’s mom was to affix those blessed badges to her sash/vest of her uniform.  I not only dreaded it – I was bad at it. They wouldn’t stick and I didn’t want to pull out needle and thread for all those blasted wonderful, well earned badges.  Finally I found the key to an easy, inexpensive way to place them on the uniform of choice (without the need of a needle or even a glue gun).  PLUS we now keep them attached beyond wearing it to two events or more!! 

Here’s my magical find:  Glue Dots.

So as a girl scout leader wanting to share this tidbit of info, when I learned about this blogging contest about my own secret weapon for badges and uniforms, I was totally game!

Here’s what I have found that works and keeps them affixed till the end of time:

  1. Place a glue dot every 1 or 2 inches around the perimeter and one in the center of each badge on image the underside.
  2. Position the badge on the vest/sash where it you want to be placed, moving it around until it’s just right.
  3. Press the badge in position with your fingertips around the edge and center of it.
  4. Take an iron and on medium heat, press from the “UNDERSIDE” of the fabric of your uniform sash or vest to make the adhesive solidify to the max.  If you press from the underside of the fabric instead of from top of the badge itself, the heat reaches the adhesive more thoroughly. 
  5. Voila! That badge is not going anywhere, I promise.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Disclosure:

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Glue Dots blogging contest to be eligible to receive a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

Related Posts with Thumbnails