WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Apr 18, 2012

And so it goes…

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.  So no matter what happens, what difficulty you may be facing, what challenge has been set before you, what mountain you have in front of you in your journey, that statement is true

This too shall pass. What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger (so the song goes). You have heard all the phrases that people say when they know someone is facing a difficult time in her life. And yes, the phrases are true. But from experience, do they make you feel any better about your situation?

Probably not.  But you can rest assured that whatever you are facing – it will pass with time and you will get through it. And during that time – you must use caution, wisdom, and previous experiences to make good decisions in the middle of this crisis. Pray about it, people.

In other words – just because those “phrases” don’t make you feel better, don’t act upon what you “feel” (and your emotions that come with those feelings) but act upon what you “will,” as my boss would say.  Because during the difficulties, it is your feelings and how you “react” to those feelings (or lack of feelings) that will get you in trouble down the road – when further consequences play out and you have to contend with them.

So what am I saying exactly? Well I am going through one of those difficult seasons in my journey.  And  during this time I am finding these few things to be truth:

    • God is real.
    • God is good.
    • You can’t always trust your feelings, but you can always trust God and His Word.
    • You should make decisions based upon the outcomes you want to have in life instead of “reacting” to the current situation.
    • imageI like wearing heels, I love chocolate chip cookies, I love the immeasurable soft feeling of my when I put them on in the evening (thanks LoveSac.com), and I love watching my daughter play her soccer games. (Not necessarily all at the same time nor in that order, mind you.)

And there you have it. In a nutshell, what I have been learning over the past few weeks.

…and so it goes…

P.S. As a short word for LoveSac.com, a recent sponsor, let me also point you to their . If these customized basic pieces that make up endless combinations of comfy furniture feel anything like their furry slippers… you will be sitting in nothing less than the epitome of comfort in their cozy and relaxing sectional sofas.

Find yourself

Related Posts with Thumbnails