WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Aug 2, 2013

Organized for back-to-school? What?

Photo: tipjunky.com
Organized for back to school?

Yes, I have a freshman starting at Virginia Tech in about three weeks and I have a freshman starting at her new high school in about 2 weeks.

But I can't even get unpacked and get our lives organized enough to find my comb and the extra body wash I bought months ago. Who can think about gearing up to get organized for back to school?

Maybe this will be the push I need to put it into high gear so that we can finalize the unpacking and getting the house setup.  Jas will be moving "again" and Kass will be wanting new school clothes... so I guess we better get to work!

The house is in "reno" mode with constant progress being made nonetheless.  The floors turned out great - thanks to my charming and... he has moved on to the stairwell wallpaper/walls.  All six layers of it to get down to the plaster.  But underneath that mass of filthy unbelievable wallpaper we are seeing walls and we know that soon we can apply primer and then our choice of color!

I am excited about the progress and I am excited about what God has already done for us - blessing after blessing in this house of our dreams.  However, with so many things that need to be done on the house, I am finding myself frequently in a true "overwhelming" state of mind.  And with the kids going in two different directions with new schools and new seasons starting for their lives - it has been a diversion. Perhaps it's a good diversion, just perhaps.

But I have reminded myself often: "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2b

...And I am comforted by His grace, His presence, His faithfulness, and His peace... every time... every.single.overwhelming.time.



Related Posts with Thumbnails