WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jan 5, 2009

This Single Mom's New Year - the Good and the Bad

Don’t you hate it when someone says, “Do you want the good news first or the bad news?” How are you supposed to answer that? Well as 2009 starts… I have some good news and some bad news. First the good news:

2009 - Off To A Good Start

My infinity I have enjoyed the time with the kiddos and my family over the last few days. I even counted my blessings Sunday when someone ran into the back end of my Infinity on the way home from lunch after church:  No one was hurt (in either car) and there was no physical damage to my vehicle, so we didn’t even call the police. (The other driver explained she didn’t know what happened. I was stopped at a red light and she ran into me; she said she had her foot on the brake – but her son said she was messing with her hair in the mirror.) Anyway it all ended ok and we left the scene dismissing it.

Now some could say, that is not a very good way to start the New Year off on the first Sunday of 2009; but actually I am grateful for what didn’t happen that could have happened.

Now The Bad News

I ran into the girl that runs the tanning salon where I used to frequent in 2006 and 2007 and told her after we said our hellos that I was coming back in a few days to get the year package.  (Remember from my 2009 list.)  She then told me they closed the salon last year. That was bad news. This salon was so reasonable and the year package was phenomenal. So I was disappointed to hear that I would have to find me another place. I liked that one. I knew them like family over there and I knew my way around. It was comfortable. It was familiar. It was cheap!

So the bad news is I am not sure now if I am going to give myself the “full year package” of tanning since no salon will be able to beat this other family run place.  I know that is not sincerely bad news... but it was a little sad.

Back to Routine

We got back into our routines today, Monday morning; back to school for the kiddos and back to work for me. We have been spoiled by our two weeks off and it has been wonderful; but now it’s time to kick it back into gear. Back into gear for the New Year and hopefully no more mishaps, incidents, or disappointments!  But when they do come our way… at least I hope to approach them with a grateful heart.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails