WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Mar 9, 2009

List The Way To My Heart

jas Kev working001 cropped

Mr. M. said to me “Can you make a list of the things that you need to do around your house? Then we can prioritize them.”

Does he know who he’s talking to? Can I make a list? Does the sun rise every morning?

I not only have a list started, I’m willing to alphabetize it, categorize it, and even synchronize it.

How did he know this would be the way to my heart?

Above is Mr. M. doing one of those odd jobs I had on the list of to-do's (and he agreed this one was a priority). Jas is working with him and it was a joy to watch them both working together.  I didn't even realize how much Mr. M.'s investment in me and my world was going to affect me.  His consistency with not only wanting to be a part of my world but also helping me with all the tasks I have to do in my world has built such an amazing foundation for our relationship.  He said, "I don't know how you do everything, when you have the house, two kids, and a full-time job."  I'm starting to wonder how I did keep up, before he came along. 

My kiddos get along great with him.

His interest and investment has also been building a relationship with my children. My children are my treasures, as you well know. And so far they get along great with Mr. M. which means more to me than I can express.  If he can teach my fourteen year old son a little something about tools in the process, all the better!

Find yourself…keeping it real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO amazing. Maybe he found my blog and read up! Ha.

I'm so happy for you. My god, if a man said that to me I would probably have a heart attack and then promptly ask him to marry me. : )

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fabulous! I'm so happy for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails