WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Mar 24, 2009

Storing Up Treasures, One Kind Act at a Time

During this time of economic "downturn" I want to find myself guilty of providing random acts of kindness for those around me, whether my coworkers, my neighbors, my dearest friends, my family, or my children; instead of dwelling on the gloom and doom that lingers in the news media.

This doesn't have to equate a lot of expense for these acts of kindness.  Many times it simply takes recognizing a need, and trying to fill it.  Your time is a valuable resource, but using your time to provide for others can result in a larger impact than even we can perceive.

For example, just this past weekend around the house, I accumulated another load to take to the Goodwill.  Those items are not only recycled (good for the environment) but also provide some additional inventory for this organization and for those who are employed by it.  I also offered to cut my sister's little girls hair.  We haven't managed to schedule a time to get together to do this, but she knows when it can be arranged, I will do that for all her girls, saving her the expense of getting it done elsewhere.  Sunday, Kass and I helped run the Girl Scout cookies booth at the mall, giving our time once again to a good cause for the Girl Scout troop. 

Now please understand, I don't list these activities to boast or ask for a pat on the back.  I think doing things like this should become second nature to us. But focusing on what good we can do in "our world" should become more important than focusing on the negatives that are exhausted in the media of late. 

I have also been on the receiving end of these random acts of kindness.  Remember   So I just want to continue to "give back" where I can, how about you?

Take a moment to list what act of kindness you can do, even the little things do matter.

Matthew 6:19-21. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (NIV)

What is one thing you plan to do today to make a difference for another in your world?

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  http://www.1-romantic-wedding.com/blog/pics/treasure-box.jpg

Related Posts with Thumbnails