WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jun 12, 2009

unbelievable

Jas has strep throat. And now I wonder if I do since he has the same symptoms I had 2 weeks ago and I continue with a cough and the feeling of being run-down.  So now I have started on an antibiotic and yesterday... when we missed his graduation ceremony because he felt so bad... the doctor started him on an antibiotic.

I had written another post last night to put up this AM but when I got the call from the MD this AM that Jas indeed had a positive result come back on the overnight lab test for Strep... I decided to post this quick blurp.  (Since my post last night references that the initial testing for strep was negative.)

Here's a little info on prevention just thought I would share from http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/strep_throat.html#

To prevent your sick child from spreading strep throat to others in your home, keep his or her eating utensils, dishes, and drinking glasses separate from those that everyone else is using. Wash them in hot, soapy water after each use. Also, make sure your child doesn't share food, drinks, napkins, handkerchiefs, or towels with other family members.
Make sure your child covers his or her mouth and nose during a sneeze or a cough to prevent passing infectious fluid droplets to someone else. Also, throw out your child's toothbrush after the antibiotic treatment has been started and he or she is no longer contagious, and make sure your child uses a new one
.

Yeah and don't you know my fourteen year old is going to be this courteous about trying not to spread his germs.

But we are going to separate his dishes and change out his toothbrush. 

And please please pray Kass doesn't get it!

Find yourself... keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails