WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Nov 30, 2010

close call and grateful

Gratitude.  This is the month to emphasize gratitude. 

I wrote this a few Wednesday nights ago, but I hadn’t posted it yet.  Sorry for the delay… here you go:

Buck in VelvetTonight was an example of a time to be thankful. 

On the way to church tonight, we had a close encounter.  It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase “a deer in headlights.”  Yes, a doe was standing there looking at the car as we approached a section of 460.  Standing in the middle of the road.  I’m thankful to God that was able to swerve and maintain control with the skill of a racecar driver while missing an impact with her. She attempted to come in our direction by turning, but we still missed her.  It was a truly divine God moment.

And I will never forget it.

Hopefully I won’t get another chance to look up at the face of a deer so close anytime soon.

I have one more thing to bring to the table this Thanksgiving as my reasons for being thankful in 2010.

So as we say goodbye to November and hello to December (and my baby girl’s birthday, tomorrow), Consider all the wonderful blessings in your life.  I have many.

Is there a specific moment you have to be grateful for and thankful for in recent history?  Share it in the comments section below.

Find yourself…keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails