WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Feb 28, 2011

I’m Back

Well I hadn’t really went anywhere, but my blogging has been anything but frequent.  My plan is to update you more often and I wanted to start today.

This past weekend I started spring cleaning (a little early) and did some deep cleaning in my kitchen.  I spent most of my Saturday working on the tops of cabinets and washing all my “Coca Cola” decorations that sit atop them and my shelves.  I changed out the lighting in the kitchen just last week, which put me in the mood to get a head start on my spring cleaning. The lights replaced an old utility style 6 foot tubular fluorescent light across the ceiling.  Now it looks more up-to-date and modern  - but now the ceiling needs painting.

I know you want pictures.  I will post them soon.

Thanks to for his hard work putting the new lights up, I am very happy with the new look.  I also changed the setup of my decor and condensed some things.  You know modern is – “Less is More.”

Sunday we visited a different church.  My goal at present is to find one the kiddos will get more connected to and become involved with the youth group.  We have been lacking in seeing that with both sets of kiddos and our intentions are to work toward finding a place they can connect.

At my day job work is busy busy busy and I am still waiting on a quote to get some electrical work done at the house.  You know the ever-looming goal of getting the house ready to sale…so Mr. M and I can buy a bigger house for all the kiddos to have their much needed space. And, of course, that means we have been talking even more seriously about our futures together and even the M word: Marriage!

This is nothing new, but I like to keep you up-to-date in knowing – it is a slow going process for us to get our ducks in a row… but never the less a big step we are excited about taking.

And my photography hobby?  Recently we took a trip downtown and I took tons of pictures as we pretended once again to be tourists in our own backyard. If you have never done this, give it a try. We have lots of fun every time we venture out.P1010555

Find yourself

Photo Credit:  Katherine Shinault
Related Posts with Thumbnails