WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Feb 9, 2011

In The Moment

imageRemember this famous quote:

Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

The Princess Bride

I’m so busy anymore I don’t know what to blog, or when. I love this quote from this classic movie. My own statement about blogging would be close:

Blog, you know how much I love sharing with you and the world wide web, but I’ve got my office’s 100th anniversary to plan, my kids to take to the doctor (four times a month lately), a boyfriend to cater to, my house to get on the market, and I need to find a way to pay for all of it; I’m swamped. (j/k Mr. M!)

I took off the month of January, for the most part, from my blog, to get focused. I participated in a 21 day fast that I would love to share more about soon. But in that time – I did get focused and found my priorities again. 

My priorities are my faith and my children at the top. (Even though my children at times try my patience, thereby my faith… but I digress.) My relationship with follows in that sequence and we are looking toward our future. But I didn’t find any extra time lying around to squeeze all the “stuff” into.Sometimes I have so many plates spinning between my children, their “stuff;” my home, its ‘stuff;’ Mr. M, his ‘stuff;’ my job, and its stuff that I lose my focus on what’s important. Life is spinning crazy by all of us.

So with that thought I want to say:

Take time to be in the moment where you are right now. Appreciate all the little things in your world and pay attention to whatever it is you might be doing – while you are doing it. Whether it’s doing the laundry or making jewelry with your daughter – give it your full attention and be in that moment. Once it is gone – it’s gone and is only a memory of what we make it.

Find yourself…keeping it real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails