WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Oct 12, 2009

My Changing World and Best Wishes

The Current Whirlwind

There are so many many things going on in my world right now… that I am finding it difficult to think straight (leave alone find time to blog). A true whirlwind. It’s not a bad thing… I just have to get my lists organized, and myself focused so that I can prioritize what to think about next and then what to actually do next!  (Because, btw, I do still need to blog on a couple eco products I was sent to try out for the purpose of a review, FTC and a hand held mixer!)

Becoming a Counselor

Some things are in the process mode.  I am deliberating about them and processing them; but at the same time taking action steps, filling out paperwork and getting things done to put the possibilities into action.  For example I have applied to graduate school and plan to get my master’s degree in professional counseling!  I still find it difficult to even type that – the thought of it is too surreal.  Would I even make a good counselor?  What specific type do I want to be? What do I want to be when I grow up?  But that is where I am – at the beginning stages, with my transcript from my alma mater requested and financial aid applied for… we shall see what happens.

Girl Scout Leader

We have kicked off the new year with the girl scouts troop.  Working as a co-leader I am busy planning sessions and want to get a community leader to come in and talk with the girls soon.  Our focus is to train the girls to change the world.

Big Changes

My world is already changing.  I am planning to start graduate school and I am trying to fix up my house to put on the market in the future. BIG CHANGES!

Other Funnels in the Swirling Clouds Above

In addition to my world being in a whirlwind: 

  1. Mr. M’s house is undergoing remodeling…to the extent of zippers in doorways to block the dust --kind of remodeling.
  2. Mr. M’s two son’s presently have the flu – probably
  3. My best friend’s father (TB’s dad) stopped breathing and had no pulse right in the middle of the church service yesterday morning. (But then started breathing again, and right now he is in the hospital – say a prayer for that family.)

So in the grand scheme of things… even with my whirlwind going on around me and being touched by others’ own versions of a whirlwind…. I have much to be grateful for and want to send out best wishes to my best friends who are dealing with genuine stressors of their own.

Find yourself… keeping it real.

Photo Credit:  http://www.uwm.edu/~kahl/Images/Weather/Severe/multiple_tornadoes.jpg

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi, I promise I'm not a stalker, but I found your blog while I was skimming through Ms. Single Mama's comments. When you made the comment about her not making it that far south in VA, I thought "hmmm, that's funny, I live in southern VA, wouldn't that be weird if......". So I skimmed through your blog and turns out, I'm pretty sure we live in the same town. The art museum and Wachovia tower gave it away. Small world!! Don't worry, I'm not going to stalk you or anything, it's just a little comforting knowing that I'm not the only one in this world, let alone town, going through tough times. My husband and I are on the verge of separating. I have a 5 year old and 2 year old. Life wasn't supposed to be this way. But blogs like yours help me feel better about the situation. I know people split up all the time but it's all new to me. We've been married 11 years. Anyway, thanks for keeping it real in your blog posts. I've saved you in my favorites and will be reading your new entries.

Kathy said...

Andra

Hey Neighbor!

No worries... I trust you... So glad you stumbled over here and please do keep coming back and leave me comments so I can know what is going on in your world.

Hold on to hope and keep me posted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails