WELCOME       My Story     The Characters       My Dating Life       .


1ST VISIT?     Receive Solo DOT Mom by Email          Don't forget to subscribe

Pin It

Jul 17, 2010

Me-Time for a massage

is in abundance this week.  I have already started a list of things I want to do while I await my kiddos return from their summer break with their dad.  just left this morning with his sons for a week long visit to see family in Maryland, so the me-time just multiplied. 

As a single mom, one of the things I had to conquer from the very beginning was how I would use the time I had alone when the kiddos were at their dad’s house.  In the early stages with no ‘relationship’ of interest I found myself lonely instead of utilizing that time to pursue interests that had been buried during my past.

Now all these years later I manage this time as a source of productivity. This week, I have a list of small projects I may (or may not) get done during my free time/me-time as well as some overdue pampering.  Reading and writing is definitely ranked high as well as some touch-up painting needed on baseboards

Mid-week I have a special treat planned: an appointment for my first ever therapeutic massage after work.  Thanks to my best friend, TB for a gift card to , I get to have this treat.  (The gift card should have been used months ago, since I got it for Christmas. Finally I have the me-time to do so.)

What are some extra-special things you like to do during your me-time?

Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Find yourself…keeping it real.

Photo Credit: SXC.hu \ Kikashi
Related Posts with Thumbnails